Anyone familiar with Texas medicaid?

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Ok, so apparently Texas had changed some of its benefits so that ADULTS are able to receive medicaid if you qualify for TANF. I WAS eligible for medicaid from Oct-Feb. But, NOW when I had to reapply they denied me because I make TWELVE DOLLARS AND TEN CENTS OVER THE LIMIT!!!!! Ugh, this is SO frustrating! Anyway, I take medication for bipolar etc... and even the GENERICS are anywhere from $107.00-$298.00 each month, and I have to take 3 of them. I also work mostly off tips, so it's very possible that I will not make that additional $12.10 (not like that would even put a dent in my medication cost). I know I can appeal, but I hear that it's nearly impossible to overturn the decision... anyone have any tips or help for me?? PLEASE? I'm literally scared of not being able to stay on my medication... someone please help me =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• they should still have a discount card for people getting off TANF, also they should have transition mediciad, which means you will just pay either a higher co-pay or a deductible.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2011