Anyone familiar with Texas medicaid?

Anyone familiar with Texas medicaid?

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Ok, so apparently Texas had changed some of its benefits so that ADULTS are able to receive medicaid if you qualify for TANF. I WAS eligible for medicaid from Oct-Feb. But, NOW when I had to reapply they denied me because I make TWELVE DOLLARS AND TEN CENTS OVER THE LIMIT!!!!! Ugh, this is SO frustrating! Anyway, I take medication for bipolar etc... and even the GENERICS are anywhere from $107.00-$298.00 each month, and I have to take 3 of them. I also work mostly off tips, so it's very possible that I will not make that additional $12.10 (not like that would even put a dent in my medication cost). I know I can appeal, but I hear that it's nearly impossible to overturn the decision... anyone have any tips or help for me?? PLEASE? I'm literally scared of not being able to stay on my medication... someone please help me =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Have a very candid talk with your doctor. I worked in a doctors office for awhile right after college. Our doctor used the samples from the pharma reps for his financially strapped patients. We provided several patients with all their meds.

I dont' know if you are involved with a church, but our church helps people out with things like this. You might also check with Catholic Charities. I don't know if they do meds, but they might be able to help in other areas..giving you a little more $ for the meds....and they will help anyone regardless of church affiliation or lack of.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Is there any way for you to get some sort of help from the drug makers? You should call your Dr. and see if there are any rx assistance programs that they could refer you to.

I don't know anything about the medicaid system in TX or any other state. Sorry.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:40 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Wow i dont really know what to say wish you wrote that you were a veteran cause you could get your meds through them and it would be free. I was in the same boat until i found this out.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Go to MHMR....you can get your meds for reduced cost or no cost to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 3, 2011