Funny way of sitting

My almost 10 month old started crawling at 8 months and is definitely on the go! However lately I noticed that when he sits he sits with his legs bent behind him (think the letter W). At first it was once and awhile and now he prefers to sit like that. I've heard before (when I was teaching) that children that sit that way can hurt their backs. Has anyone heard of this? Maybe I'm overreacting, but better safe than sorry!

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's how I sit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My oldest sat like that. I remember being worried. He even sat like that in the bath. But somewhere along the line he stopped. I have no idea when. He is 15 now and extremely athletic. It didn't affect him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Ok thanks. I've been doing some research and it of course says negative scary things, and then says they may grow out of it. I'll talk to the peditrician. :)
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• when he sits like that..fix his leg..a specialist told me it could hurt their legs
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• He's not going to do that if it hurts

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2011