Car seat help, please :)

my youngest is 15mos and she rides in a graco nautalis. the problem we are having is on the harness part that buckles at her chest she has figured how to undo it. does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this? i have just been rebuckling it everytime, thankfully i dont go out to much but i dont want to risk her getting hurt in the event of an accident.

tiffanyv123

Asked by tiffanyv123 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmm... I'm not familiar with that seat but we have a Britax Marathon seat & the buckles on that are REALLY hard even for me to open. My Son is 4 & he can't at all. You may have to buy a new seat. I highly recommend the Britax.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:32 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We have the evenflo symphony and love it. What if you covered the buckle? ( not sure how) but out of sight out of mind type thing? Maybe? I have heard a lot of people complain about this. My kids are 3 and 18 months, and neither can unbuckle themselves.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would call the manufacturer and ask how to get a replacement part.
    AequitasVeritas

Answer by AequitasVeritas at 11:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would buy another car seat. Our son has never been able to unbuckle any seat he's had. He's 3.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I am sorry I don't have an answer for you my dd is 3 years old and she doesnt unbuckle it, but she can push it and push it down so that she can pull her arms out. The things kids do. She has been doing this since she was 2.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Try covering it with some cloth that has a velcro strip on it, so you hear it coming undone if she figures it out. That way, you can pull over and rebuckle her if you have to. I would def. try the out of sight out of mind thing before spending a lot of money on a new seat. Try explaining to her how bad it is to play with the buckle. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• This is a discipline isue, you have to stop the vehicle and punish her everytime she does it, either smack her hand or raise your voice or whatever it takes because this is not something simple its life or death. You can no cover the clip but you can put the rough side of velcro on it to deter her from touching it
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011