Do you believe in being born 'transgendered'?

Or do you think the person just gets tired of being a girl or a boy and wants to switch to see if the grass is greener?

prettyinink2011

Asked by prettyinink2011 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's a valid physical disorder, I think it's a serious psychological illness. I won't go so far as to call it a crock, but I do think that in order to be so unhappy with yourself that you would endure surgery just shows how deep the mental illness goes.

I don't support the surgery itself as I feel that it goes horribly against biology and the person having the surgery will NEVER be the gender they wish to be, you can't change DNA, once a man/woman, always a man/woman. I would never discriminate against the person, though, and would always threat him or her with compassion and respect.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 11:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Of I do, I have dealt with many transgenders and it is a horrible feeling to feel you are trapped in the wrong body, there is no choosing here at all.

Answer by older at 11:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• yes,I believe in it
    Why would someone endure surgery and injections out of boredom??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I believe it - the anon who said its a crock is ignorant.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• no i do not unless it is medical
    rosebuds934

Answer by rosebuds934 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• *course*

• For some people yes, I do believe being born as a transgendered is very valid and very real. It is not anything they would ever ask to have in those cases, I am sure.

And sadly, for other individuals I do believe it is not something that they were born with, but instead something that interests them for other reasons. There are some very experimental individuals in our society, and there are some very mixed up individuals too. The difficult thing is to sort the two groups out, which can contribute to the skepticism, in my opinion.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i am not sure butterfly ask those people who get plastic surgery for no reason
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• trust me the grass aint greener , i think its all in our individual brain chemistry , a personal choice maid for whatever reason.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2011