Tu hablas Espanol?

Do you speak Spanish? I'm trying to teach my kids Spanish but with my older ones they don't speak much at all and have no interest. My mother is only speaking in Spanish to them. They look at her like "Que"? What? LOL

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 11:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Si, es mi primer lenguaje, y tambien se los ensene a mis hijos, fue su primer lenguaje tambien, despues que aprendieron Ingles, no lo quisieron hablar mas por un tiempo, pero nunca se les olvido.

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• HUH< LOL>>

No but my kids no a little, they are Puerto Rican....

Love it tell her too continue too do so they will pick it up, that is what I tell there dad.... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That's funny :) I speak Spanish but I don't speak it much around my daughter. I've taught her a little bit but if she's speaking to her family that Speaks Spanish, she just looks at them at nods or shakes her head and looks at me like they're crazy! lol
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I can speak spanish, I just prefer not to. I took 5 years of spanish in school and worked in a restaurant with tons of spanish speaking people. My kids school has spanish class once/week so they are learning a little, enough to get by anyway.

Answer by missanc at 11:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Try the Whistelfritz DVD's - you can get them on Amazon.

You can also try Visual Link at http://www.learnspanishtoday.com/cmd.php?af=1182712

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• op, in order for them to grasp it really well, it has to be taught as they start to speak, they will never forget that first language, and English will always be a breeze for them. Your mom's endeavour will pay off as long as she is consistant.

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Teach away! I live in Texas and I know my son will need to learn it. It's hard to find jobs out here without knowing spanish. It will be a major advantage to them when they get older :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:50 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• mamaad, that is pretty good if you ask me, you know the funny thing is that my eldest specially, never took grammar classes or spelling in Spanish and she has got it down pat!

Answer by older at 11:51 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We spoke to my child in spanish only since birth. He learned how to speak it fluently. He is now 3 yrs old, and he is now learning english. It has been a breeze for him and will be fluent in both english and spanish once he starts school.
    mdmora

Answer by mdmora at 12:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I can usually understand and make myself understood, but it's textbook spanish not native speaker spanish so it's not perfect.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011