Does anyone's hubby play WOW? How do I get him to help out around the house more and do things with us? I'm 34 weeks pregnant and need some help around here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• OMG! I totally understand! I think is like computer crack to men and is seriously addicting.

My bf played it straight for about three months recently and I was getting really worried about him and our relatioship. I finally had enough and told him that I understand his wanting to play video games and how it is a stress release for him, but I was my stress release too. I asked him to limit his play time to his own personal time like when I am working! I also asked him to do some chores before he jumped on WOW.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• continued...

He actually weened himself off of it quite quickly and he told me what causes the addiction. Apparently the WOW guilds expect you to play for so long, obtain so many points, make so many items all to better the guild. It turns into a job with responsibility online.

He has since completely stopped playing to be more supportive of the relationship, the new baby on the way, and chores.

He did start playing some other games that are not as addictive and he plays them on his *own* time.

Hopefully with a little bit of info about why it is so addicting you have a little leverage on how to end the addiction.

Good luck girlie, it is going to be difficult.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• LOL! right when he get's home he's on and it is tearing me away from him. I ask him to feed the dogs and he is so into the game...he just forgets everything! We have had so many fights over WOW! I hate his friend for telling him about it. When the baby comes he better be off of it or the witch will come out! lol
    Nice to know I'm not the only one!
    Anonymous

• omg! your husbands WOW is my husbands Halo! he is playing it right now! im a stay at home mom and am exhausted when he comes home because ive been taking care and cleaning up after and chasing our 2 year old around all day. he has a pretty easy job, he draws things up on the computer all day and stays in his office all day. i am active ALL day and when he comes home HE wants to relax! honestly, ive resorted to constant nagging and now he only plays a few times a week.i swear, i dont get it. men and their games, its ridiculous!
    annak4404

Answer by annak4404 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Be straight forward and ask!
    Geneie

Answer by Geneie at 11:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I wouldn't mind so much if he would limit it. Sometimes he can play for 18 hours!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• When you find out let me know...... I have yet to find anything that matters to him more then WoW. I am a stay at home mom of 2 and going to school. he is in the military and works nights so I rarely see him as it is, he goes to sleep when I am getting up with the kids and wakes up a few hours before he goes to work, which he spends those hours playing WoW. I have had I dunno how many arguments with him about it nothing ever changes he doesn't seem to care. So I gave up even asking its not worth the fighting anymore becuase every fight ends up with me being the bad guy
    good luck.
    Anonymous