Do you believe there is a pill for every ill? If you are ill do you always take something or do you let nature take its course?

Been on this site for a while and it seems like most people treat everything with some medicine or something sort of pill - either for theirselves or for their child. I personally let nature take course, of course if its something more serious then I take added precautions but this has never resulted in taking anything including pain meds.

I just think its unnecessary to do so and detrimental to health.

keyaziz

Asked by keyaziz at 9:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Health

• I have a book of natural remedies I go to first and if it keeps up for awhile I will start looking at pills to help but they are usually the very last resort. Reading the bottles it seems the meds cause more side effects than the colds :-D.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I try not to take anything. But if I feel really sick, I usually try herbal teas or natural remedies and lots of sleep. Medicine is the last resort. I think that exposure and letting your body handle it makes for a stonger immune system.
    stpat07

Answer by stpat07 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I never take anything........I figure I will get over it and save my $5+ on medicine!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I don't take anything unless I absolutely have to. For a cold, the most I usually use is cough drops. The same for the kids. I'll give them something for a fever, and maybe some tylenol if I think they need it. But that stuff is a last resort. I figure it can't be good to be putting all kinds of crap into your body!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I have to take 7 pills, three of them hard to swallow, every day. So I hate taking pills! I will take something for a headache, because if I don't it can progress to a migraine for me...but as far as colds and flu, I try not to take anything unless I am truly miserable, which isn't very often.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I prefer a more holistic approach as well. Pills are only making us sicker as a nation while the pharmaceutical companies get richer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I try the best I can to do my research and take a holistic approach before taking any kind of medicine.
    I think alot of people think they have to do what their Dr says and don't do any research and don't realize there are natural ways to take care of things.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008