Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Can u call the cops over a text message? adult content

ok well me and my ex (babys father) have been arguing back and forth for a few months now. most of it is through text messages. lately hes been very threatning. i havent exactly threatned him back but i have responded with nasty words a few times . his last threat was he was goin to send some girls to my home to *handle* me. i thought about gettin a restraining order but we work in the same facility. i dnt want to affect my income. what should i do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • Ye s go down with your cell phone and get a restrainiing order.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • I would at least go to the police and make a report of it, that way if anything does actually happen to you, there is a record of it.

    Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Do you have a lawyer? Talk to them, if not, call the police, they can give you some advice

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Yep call the cops and tell them you are scared. Theyll take out a report and he will probably be charged with communicating threats. At that point get a restraining order and know once you do you cannot have contact with him either.

    Answer by gemgem at 11:58 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Yes you can use that. It's a threat of bodily harm. That's illegal. Texts are used as evidence in all types of cases as well.

    I had a moron of a nanny I fired send me a text how she can't wait to call CPS on me so I'll lose my kids. Writing, "hahaha, you are going to lose your kids, I'm telling them that you beat your kids. You'll get yours" Dumbass....

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Oh BTW, you don't have to pay for the restraining order if you report it to the police, because it's a threat of bodily harm.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • Yes, you can. It is a threat...

    Protect your self and your baby....

    Do what you have to do.

    Answer by KFree907 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • send some fella's to handle him..... LOL just kidding.
    YES, you can go to the police station and file a report., they can come out to you aswell, but in order to file a RO you have to go down there. and I am pretty sure,,,, it will be an issue at work too. they my can change your schedules so that you don't cross paths. or they could let one of you go. I would take aside the manager and explain the situation and let them know that you are fearful of him and what he might do. THEN YOU NEED TO BE CAUTIOUS OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AT ALLLLL TIMES!!!! EVERYWHERE.. (getting the child in and out of the car etc.) JUST SAYING. and probably you wont be able to have contact with him (if he has visitations, someone else will have to drop off) good luck doll

    Answer by kkbird at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • He made a threat to you to do you harm...its illegal for him to do it...get a restraining order. Since you guys work in the same facility, he may get fired not you. Also, stop stooping to his level. If he sends you messages that doesn't pertain to the welfare of your child, delete the message.

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

  • You responded to the text messages.. showing that it is not harassment. You need to go to the police station and see about filing a protective order, and CHANGE YOUR NUMBER!

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships

Next question overall (Tweens (9-12))
How should I handle this?