What would you say/do?

I have been with my hubby for going on 3 yrs now, and he has this friend "Rob". Well "Rob" constantly sends my husband perverted text messages that personally offend me. While we were dating, I didn't say much but once we got engaged, they got more frequent & more vulgar. "Rob" & I used to not get along at all! But now we are on civil terms and the texts just keep coming. How do I get my husband to tell him that those are not apporpriate for a married man to get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, they apparently don't bother your husband, otherwise he would have said something, have you told you husband they bother you? If you have, and he hasn't stepped up and said something already, I'd let him know again. It really has nothing to do with 'rob'.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have, I told him that I felt very disrepected by the messages. And he told him to quit & he did for awhile but now they have started back again & more frequent. like 4 or 5 times a day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My husband has friends that also send him perverted text but I wouldn't allow it to come in between my marriage. My husband erases the messages and we keep moving forward in our marriage because its not like my husband is apart of the perverted messages and its not like we'd allow those types of messages to interfere in our marriage.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Your husband should just tell him if he thinks they are inappropriate. Maybe your DH doesn't mind them.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• 4 or 5 times a day?! That man is a pervert. I would totally give him a hard time about it because that is just ridiculous. One every so often would bother me but several a day is insane and Rob needs to get a life!
    And I wouldn't suggest that your husband 'likes' it, maybe he just doesn't pay it much attention. If you and Rob see each other often, I would suggest that you continue to call him out. He sounds like a loser.
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• He's not sending them to you and he's a grown man. He obviously likes them or he'd tell the guy to stop. Quit being his mother. Be his wife.
    Anonymous

• I had this same problem at the beginning of my marriage, it was my mans bff and his brother. They were disgusting guys. My man had to be the one to stand up to them and make them stop but they tried everything to try to make him a pervert too. Keep pushing mama! Don't give up.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Friends like that need to grow up. I'd tell my husband again that it offends me and ask him his opinion on it. Ask him how he's feel if the shoe was on the other foot. Then let him know that he needs to get "Rob" to stop once and for all.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011