UPDATE**Boy who was found in adoptive Dad's truck doused in chemicals released...thoughts?

MIAMI – A 10-year-old Miami boy who was found doused with toxic chemicals in his adoptive father's pest control truck on Valentine's Day has been released from the hospital.

Authorities say Victor Barahona left Jackson Memorial Hospital on Tuesday and is staying in a therapeutic foster home. The location of the home was undisclosed. An aunt and uncle from Texas, who previously attempted to adopt the twins, say they want to adopt the boy.

The body of his twin sister, Nubia, was found stuffed in the back of the truck, alongside Interstate 95 in Palm Beach County. Their father, Jorge Barahona, has pleaded not guilty to the attempted first-degree murder of the boy. Authorities have not yet charged anyone with Nubia Barahona's death.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Thoughts? My hopes are as follows:
    for Victor, a speedy recovery and a loving home for the rest of his childhood
    for Jorge, swift and merciless justice
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have a hard time hearing about things like this because it makes me so sad. I think of all the people that would love to have a child and then there are some that treat kids this way. It makes me so sick. Anyone that hurts a child like this should be put away forever.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• This story was so horrible but I am glad he survived..I didnt think he would...I hope he gets a loving family

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I am wondering why the aunt wasn't able to adopt them before. I am sure he will find someone to love him, who couldn't love him after all he has been through. he survived this and he deserves only the best.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• What a tragic story. I don't understand why anyone would ever want to take a human life.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't understand why anyone would ever want to take a human life.

I wouldnt mind taking the adoptive fathers

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• AWFUL!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• :( it makes me very very sad!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• What a horrible life for those twins.

It's stories like this that strengthen my resolve for Choice-
    Was this a-hole a single, adoptive parent?
    Attempted murder, death of his twin, foster care and a new adoptive home. How much therapy will this kid need?

I wish him all the best wishes and GL available!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• There is a very hot spot in hell for this "father".
    Anonymous