Has anyone else had their tax refund delayed?

Mine was supposed to be deposited on Feb 25th. I never got it and now it is saying delayed processing and should recieve by March 15th. I called and they said there was some kind of system error that was delaying it. I'm just frustrated because we never depend on our taxes but my husband has been out of work for a month and I'm really needing it this year.

jnd951999

Asked by jnd951999 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• we were suppose ot get our's feb 25 or by march 1 according to Where's my refund. when it didn't show, i called the IRS. They said since there was a delay for the people having to pay back their 2008 homebuyers loan, it delayed processing them as well. their system is new and couldnt handle it so they're going through them one by one. they said to check back once its been 3 weeks since it was accepted and they should give you a new date but it probably won't be until another 2 weeks after that to get a refund. :(
    kandleluv

Answer by kandleluv at 4:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We had the same situation. It was supposed to be here March 1, then today we get a notice that it won't be available until the 15th because of delays. We were supposed to buy a vehicle yesterday and haven't had a family vehicle since December when our van died.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• State or Federal? Cause we got Federal on time but State is taking forever...
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Federal
    jnd951999

Comment by jnd951999 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Watch out, because if the government closes down on friday, you wont get your tax return.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011