Do you share stuff?

Do you share bad happenings (acting out) with your parents or just your friends? Do you think it's a bad thing to share what is happening with your child (the bad actions)with your parents? Do you share only just the good things??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope, I do not.

shesmokesalot

Answer by shesmokesalot at 12:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I share everything good or bad, with special friends and my mom it is a form of therapy for me specially for the bad stuff.

Answer by older at 12:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't share anything with my parents that could possibly be negative. My mom would completely over react and blow it way out of proportion and then try to correct my child's behavior for me or tell me how to handle the situation. My 4 month old dd had a little cough and my mom heard it over the phone and even got my grandma to call and tell me to take her to the ER because she could have whoping cough and die.
    ishie4ever

Answer by ishie4ever at 12:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I do so more with my dad than my mom. My dad gives me and ear to vent/talk to and my mom thinks she's got all the answers so I don't tell her much.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I dont share everything with any of the grandparents unless they happen to ask. For instance a perfect example my 6 yr old dd moved a clip at school, came home and was moody, and grandma called heard dd acting up and said whats wrong? I said I think shes tired, she moved a clip at school & she is being whiny. End of story. I give no more details even when asked. I dont really tell my friends either simply because its none of their business either. If they happen to be with me or on the phone and hear something they ask wow is that dd? I say yes, shes having a moment. Usually they laugh and say my kids have moments too.

Answer by gemgem at 12:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I share everything, good and bad. We lived with my parents for a number of years, and if I die, my mom will be the one to get custody of my kids. She needs to know what's going on in their lives beyond what she knew from personal experience alone. She doesn't try to be the parent, but she does offer love and support.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• No, I keep it all inside.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I still live with my mom until I graduate and she (voluntarily) watches my daughter for me while I go to school so if she hasn't seen it already I end up telling her.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I always tell my mom, she is my sounding board and gives the best advice. She adores my children and mostly finds them amusing even when they are driving me crazy. If I didn't talk about my kids, I sometimes wouldn't have anything to say.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011