What is the purpose of a Bumbo chair?

It's a round chair that I think helps a baby sit up on his/her own. It's $40 at Wal-Mart. I was wondering if it's worth the price or not. Anyone who has one please let me know what you think of it.

ishie4ever

Asked by ishie4ever at 12:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• We have one and my daughter loves it! It helps her sit up, which helps her build her neck and ab muscles.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We used one with both of our kids and loved it. I would take it with us where we were going to a picnic or an outside gathering to use instead of a highchair. My dd loved sitting in hers, even once she learned to sit-up on her own, she would craw to it and try and climb in it! Def. A good investment IMO
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have no children yet, but have worked in daycare since I was 16 & both daycares I have worked at had them. The lady above me said it very well, also you can buy an attachment tray for feeding also. We use ours for the children learning to sit up & the ones that are starting to eat table food so we can keep them close by and help them.
    jax.devine2010

Answer by jax.devine2010 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Used one with my last daughter and loved it. I could bring her from room to room with me while I cleaned, and it's nice to bring to restaurants so they can sit in the booth with you instead of hauling a carseat around. I also used it a lot for sitting outside and relaxing. You can buy them used on craigslist, I always see them on there for like 10-15$
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Is it considered a bad thing to set her in it to watch tv while I do house work? I use her swing right now, but she tries to scoot out of it and doesn't like to be fastened in. Also, she pays attention to the tv and is entertained by it now. It keeps her attention better than the mobile on her swing does now. I'm not trying to let the TV raise my daughter for me. I just need to get things done sometimes. She has a bouncy seat, but it's the same way as her swing now.
    ishie4ever

Comment by ishie4ever (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• it's a good product, it hold baby up even if they don't have that strength yet
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 11:55 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My daughter was a preemie and we got one for her. It was a great investment. I just put it in whatever room I was going to be in and put her in it with some toys. She was perfectly content because she was near me, and I could get stuff done. It worked out great for both of us.
    Froggy31785

Answer by Froggy31785 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011