Should i breast feed this time around?

I have four other children tha it were bottle fead. I never even gave a thought of breastfeeding. But with this one, its something that i really want to do. I dont know why but i think it might be because theirs a chance that this might be the last one and i want that special bonding time.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do whatever you feel is best for you and your child :-)
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If you want to, then do it. If you don't want to, don't do it.
    Anonymous

• Your decision! If you're looking for help to make it, don't use public opinion... do some real research. You might start with the recommendation of the Surgeon General of the United States. And then the World Health Organization after that, and the American Academy of Pediatrics after that. (They all recommend breastfeeding.)

Answer by gdiamante at 12:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That choice is completley yours, I bottle fed my oldest and breast fed the younger one, but i say try it, it is alot cheaper and you never have to warm up a bottle. :) I know they say its so much better for the baby even if you do it for a little while. Good luck.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It sounds like you've answered your own question. Is there any real reason why not?
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• With my older ones , I bottle fed. With my last one I breast fed. It was the best thing I ever did. If I could go back, I would breast feed all of them. It was cheap and easy. I didn't have to wash all those bottles. Not to mention, breast milk didn't smell as bad when he spit up. Do what you want but for me, breast feeding my last one was great
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Give it a try! If it's not for you, then you know you have the option of formula feeding =) I breastfed my youngest and really enjoyed it. All the money I saved from not having to buy formula was a plus! My tip to you is to invest in a Boppy pillow, they are a wonderful thing to have if you're breastfeeding (or formula feeding too).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It's up to you. I say give it a go. I think it's much easier in the long run, then bottlefeeding.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• give it a try then!! the breast feeding group on here is great and will b happy to answer any of ur questions!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Thanks for all the response. I think i will give it a try. I Guess i will have to do research on it because i will be going in to it clueless
    BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011