Im trying to Potty Train how often do i take my dd to the bathroom?

carimo

Asked by carimo at 9:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 2 1/2 year old, i make her sit on the potty every half hour!! N people say reward them, well like my daughter we rewarded her everytime she went potty.. well she started not peeing all of it out soo she would save it so she could pee again in like 10mins... ALSO, when ur out and about, they do NOT want to go potty cuz they might miss something! so really try when ur out at a store or whatever
    zoyesmom

Answer by zoyesmom at 9:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I would start with every half hour if your child does not need to go that often without accidents then start adding 15 minutes. I would check 1/2 after the eat and especially drink something. Potty training for me on my second was not so hard or frustrating I sort of let her just work her way at her pace. I simply tolerated the accidents and looked sad when she had accident (not mad not disappointed just sad) but would be happy when she went potty like a big girl. It seem to work, at least for me lol
    Mooska

Answer by Mooska at 10:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• When we first started potty training I would take my daughter every 15-20 minutes, until we got the hang of it!
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 10:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• The day care i worked at would set a timer and it also worked for the boy i nannied for. We would set a timer for a half hour and every time the timer dinged we would try to go potty. And if they didn't go, then we would set it for 15 minutes and try then. We didn't do the reward thing because then they get to expect it and especially when you're working with alot of kids you can't rewards a few and not others but we would offer alot of words of praise. And if we had older kids that just wouldn't go on the half hours, we would start setting the timer for every hour. Like with the 3 and almost 4 year olds, but anything 2 or under was half hour unless they just weren't going that often.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2008