How do you like your king bed?

Going from a queen bed to a king, what was it like? Does it seem that there is a lot more room, a little? I know a king is 16in. wider than a queen so that seems like a lot. we are considering buying one but it is a big chunk of money and really important that i find out just what if any difference the space makes beforehand.

NCmommie421

Asked by NCmommie421 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have a cali King and it is HUGE compared to the queen we used to have. I love it.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• a California king is 4in. less wide than a regular king right? but 4in longer?
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Um I can go measure if you'd like ..We are both really tall so it's just gigantic for us..
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• lol its ok. im not worried about the length just the width. my son cosleeps w/ us (he is 2) sometimes plus i am pregnant plus my husband isnt a tiny man so we are in a tight squeeze in the queen
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Oh trust me, we're not big people just super tall and we could fit like 3 more people in that bed with us! Adults!..so even the King should be good for you but I would do a Cali King if you have room in your bedroom for it.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• When we stay in a hotel with a king bed, there is enough room that we each sleep on our own sides and never touch. We have chosen not to upgrade to a king bed at home because we have a beautiful wooden queen bed and lots of room in our bedroom with just the queen bed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We have 3 kings- love all of them. I am a restless sleeper and need my space. Traveling can be hard.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Puting the sheet you will do a little streching excersises...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We went from a king to a queen and it was totally worth it...there is room for all four of us in there on some nights! It is definitely worth the money! Go for it...you will b happy u did...especially after the baby comes!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011