Is this rude?

My 2yr old son is potty trained. He really doesnt tell you he has to go every time but as long as you take him and dont give him a drink every hour he does not have accidents even at night he will wake up.
My SO's aunt wants to take him tomorrow night, we dont use pull-ups or diapers anymore so we dont have any. Is it wrong to tell her if she doesn't take him when he is used to going and he has accidents then she should buy the diapers. He does fine for us and I basically have him on a schedule. Which I am going to give her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In all truths, my daughter is potty trained but I ALWAYS keep pull up in the closet just incase. You never know when you will be going to the mall and bathrooms are too far to reach so quickly or trips to relatives house or even say a trip somewhere in the car. It doesn't hurt to have some on hand JUST in case. No I would not demand someone buy pull ups as it is not their child.
    Mooska

Answer by Mooska at 10:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think that it is rude to tell her that she will have to buy the diapers. Even though she is offering to watch your child it is still your responsibility to make it easy for her.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I hate to say it, but it is a little rude. Give her your schedule but also buy some pull-ups just in case...better safe than sorry, she is watching your child you should be happy, if you are that worried about his schedule then you should stay home!!
    Anonymous

• How close are you with her? I'm guessing pretty close since she wants to take your son for the night. I'd say something like that to my mom. I'd tell her his schedule and offer her a pad to put under him at night, but once my older kids were out of diapers completely, I didn't think it was necessary to put them in them for any reason.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Ok #1 I'm not going anywhere she just wants to take him....its not like I'm going out to party or for a date. She WANTS him I didnt ask her to she asked me.
    #2 I was just wondering if anyone did it.
    I will buy them.
    Anonymous

• Its still great to get a break, even if you do not have plans...sorry you are getting attacked, but I think you made the right decision!! :)
    Anonymous

• I think that you should make the exception and go get some pullups for her to have. My second was like yours, and would go if you asked him, but he won't tell you, and all it ended up doing is stressing others out, and he could tell that they were upset when he had an accedent then regressed in potty training.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• just tell her to take him to the bathroom however often u do, keep him on the same schedule, and dont go out and buy diapers or pull ups if u dont use them, just pack extra clothes. now if she suggest buying them and if its ok with u then tell her ok.
    carimo

Answer by carimo at 1:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008