What's the reason you homeschool your children?

Just out of curiosity. My dd goes to preschool and I personally wouldn't be able to home school cause I do n't know shit about a lot of shit. I know some but not alot.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is why they have a curriculum and books.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• And schools. =)
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I only homeschooled one of my kids. I chose to when he was in high school because he was Bipolar and the principle there admitted he didnt want him in his school & wanted my son to attend another school. He actually suspended my son for wearing a hoody. Every time he came back from "suspension" theyd suspend him again for some thing just as stupid. So I drew up a formal complaint with the school district against the principle after his vice principle actually laid hands and left a bruise on my son, withdrew my son, and home schooled. He finished high school in 2 yrs.

Answer by gemgem at 12:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Trust me, my husbands brothers wife homeschools both kids and she isn't smart at all, she just goes by what the books and curriculum tell her to teach.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Jeeze gemgem. That sounds like a horrible school. So much for the "No Child Left Behind" act.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I homeschooled my first 2 kids because I thought it would be fun....and it was.....I didn't know much either, and only had a high school diploma, but the teacher's manuals taught me how to teach....especially Calvert cirriculuum, they had the most awesome teacher's manual....another that I liked was Oak Meadow.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• LOL Well, first of all you don't have to know a lot of shit to homeschool. You just have to know how to look shit up and be willing to learn new shit along with your kid :-D
    I started homeschooling because I knew school would not be a good fit for my oldest. We have continued to homeschool because we can't imagine living and learning any other way. We love it!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011