I know the majority of the women on here are faithful to their husbands, but I have thought of cheating on mine for the first time in 10 years. What is wrong with me? Am I the only one who has been here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Honestly you need to find what's missing in your Marriage. Are you happy? Sometimes are marriage needs to maintain a healthy marriage in order to stay strong with one another. If you feel you need to cheat, then obviosuly there's something missing in your marriage that you need to fix first.
    Anonymous

• You are not the only one. Cafemom has more than one group for women who are cheating or thinking about it if you want moral support about what is right for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Usually something is missing in the affection department, or the love department, for a woman to feel this way. Check out www.joelandkathy.com for more info.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 11:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Ive thought about it too, I found my first love on myspace and if I connect with him I know its over. I make it a point not to talk to him. I love my husband to death and I have never thought about cheating on him, unil this moment. Stay strong, I don't think in either case it would be worth it.
    Anonymous

• No, you are not the only one. When things aren't going well or you're feeling unappreciated or unloved, you're bound to have these types of feelings. The thought of running away (into the arms of another) is totally natural BUT if you have the clarity to see this, and it sounds like you do, you'll need to analyze your situation and determine what it is that you're missing and how to work on fixing it.

Remember, if you have a problem in your marriage, you and your husband are the ones that need to work on it. I've heard too many say they've strayed because they had problems but that is the chicken-shit way out in my opinion. You don't bring someone else into the equation; that's only asking for more trouble. If your problems can't be solved and you do go your separate ways, well then, hopefully you've given it your best shot and that's when you can set your sights on someone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• sometimes the thought is the "escape" from whatever is troubling you. Regardless of how wonderful a marriage may be, we all still go thru rough patches that may have little to do with the marriage itself. and as we women age, we still need the affirmation that someone other than our spouse finds us desirable.
    moniquesand

Answer by moniquesand at 11:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• you are not the only one.
    Anonymous

• I cheated in several relationships when I was younger. I've since gone through lots of therapy. But one of the reasons was because it made me feel attractive and sexy - I had been very insecure about myself. It wasn't because my partner was treating me bad or ignoring me. It was because something was missing inside myself that I was seeking elsewhere. It prevented me from having true intimacy with my husband at the time. My later relationship where I cheated was because I was not in love and was afraid to leave. I was sampling being with others toying with the idea of leaving. But I chickened out at the last minute. Then we had a child and I stayed for the child. Ended up leaving after 15 years in relationship. Also got therapy. Happily monogomous now in current relationship.
    Anonymous