OPEN MARRIAGES

Whats your thoughts on this? I don't know anyone who participates in this lifestyle. Ya, what ppl do is their own biz, but just curious if you think its okay or right when married. I have heard alot of heartache comes out of it when the fun is over.

I don't agree with it if you are married.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• If you can't be committed then don't get married.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Makes me wonder whythey got married in the 1st place if they wanted to sleep around

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have no problems with Open Marriages. I have good friends that are this way and it works for them. But their reason for opening the marriage is simpler and straightforward than mine was. They knew ahead of time that they were not monogamous people.

My marriage got opened for what I now feel is the wrong set of reasons. My stbx wanted variety and pushed on it. Rather than give him all that he wanted, I invited him to find a gf who would.

I know open marriages can work but it's got to be for reasons agreed upon by both parties. Resentment will kill an open marriage just as quick as a closed one.
    Anonymous

• Too each their own...

When it comes to me though,

Its me and only me if you want another-then I don't want you..... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think that whatever floats your boat, but it is not for me. I am too jealous. I do think if a couple goes into a marriage agreeing to an open marriage it will probably work just fine. But if a couple goes into a monogamous marriage and start an open marriage as a way to spice things up, then it is most times ends badly.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think its asking for trouble and personally I don't wanna share my man with anyone!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• honestly, those couples might as well wipe their ass with their marriage certificate, cause IMO it's basically shitting on the sanctity of marriage. marriage is between two people only. its none of my business & i dont care what other people do, but that is how i feel about the subject.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think it's a bad idea and if that's what you want to do, don't get married. The only couple I knew that sort of had an "open marriage" is divorced.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I agree that open marriages are not wise but do believe in open relationships of people who are not married.
    Anonymous

• my bro and his wife have this. Its cool for them..... they both like chicks... i guess.... but I aint down with it. regaurdless I feel as those it is cheating, and not for me.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011