I cant sleep at night, especially not alone. Can you give me any advice?

I am always exhausted but I often cant settle down my brain to sleep at night. I have an especially hard time sleeping alone but my husband often stays up far later then me or ends up falling asleep on the couch and not coming in to bed at all. What can I do to soothe myself to sleep earlier and deeper without medication?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• Get a dog. I love my dog. She is my best friend and she sleeps with me. Also, yoga every morning helps me but my grandma always did it at night.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Have you tried melatonin? It is something that your body makes naturally and it helps put you to sleep and keep you there. I take 5 or more times a week, especially when I know that I need to get to sleep so that I can get up early with my toddler.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• w/o medications???? maybe go out for a jog or run. warm bath, a good book. other wise try a 1/2 of a sleep aid ( over the counter) which infact is nothing but benedryl.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Liquor :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have the same problem. I can not sleep when my hubby is deployed or TDY. I stay up til 2 or 3 am and then have to get up at 7 to get the kids to school and stay up all day long doing my chores and running errands. I have heard the melatonin works great, and I know the old sayings of a glass of warm milk or tea, soothing background noise or stuff like that. Let me know if you find something that works lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011