How do I put eyeliner on bottom to look good instead of it being too much?

I know how to do the top line. and i can do the line just inside the bottom of my eye above my lashes. I see other women wearing it the traditional way below lashes adn it looks good but when I try i feel like i look like a hooker and that its too much. Someone tell me how to do it please

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 12:56 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You may just need to give yourself time to adjust to seeing yourself that way. I had the same problem. I'm mostly a neutral/naturals kind of girl, but The Beast(DH) *LOVES* the heavy/goth makeup look. I do it for him on occassion, and the first few time it really freaked me out. I felt like an idiot. LOL! Not because I was doing it wrong, just because it was different than I was used to seeing myself. It took awhile, but now I actually kinda like it. Wouldn't do it regularly, but I don't feel like a clown anymore when I do.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I suggest using an angle brush and eyeshadow instead, under the eye. It's a softer look than a hard black line (if you're using black eyeliner). And you can get right in close to your lashes too. I use a dark purple shade (the same color I use in the creases of my eyelids) and it really does the trick.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think with certain eye shapes, it's always going to look like too much.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• put it on ( if under eyelash on bottom) use a qtips to take away the extra, and some powder to make sure it don't run.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My mom taught me to moisten a makeup brush and put eyeshadow on the tip( victoria's secret holds best) and lightly brush over then repeat this again until you get the darkness you want... it holds yet its easy to take off too... :)
    whoisalice

Answer by whoisalice at 1:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I used different colors (purple!) until I got used to it or I used eyeshadow instead of liner as other have mentioned.
    wildsun

Answer by wildsun at 1:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I went to INVU in the mall and bought an eyeliner called markme & its a combo hin/bold line look, but in teh form of a sharpie! Its freakin rad!
    Mblessesd4x

Answer by Mblessesd4x at 5:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Draw slowly and do it in several steps, don't do it in one sweep. You can choose a fel tip or mineral eyeliner and it will be a finer line.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:12 AM on Mar. 3, 2011