How often should a two year old sleep in her parents bed?

Always is fine, Sometimes is ok, or they should always be in thier own bed?
I love having our 2 year old sleep and cuddle with me in our bed but my husband thinks she should ALWAYS sleep alone. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say do what's right for your family. Our son is 2, and he spends most of the night in his bed, and comes to our bed at some point (usually around 6AM). Then every now and then, he spends the whole night with us. It just depends on his mood (you know those days where there is NO chance they'll go in their own bed!).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think it's up to the parents, but that makes it hard since both of you have a different philosophy.....I liked my kids sleeping with us most of the time...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Whatever is comfortable for the whole family. In your case, somewhere in between is probably best.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think you should do what is right for your family. As much as I love my son, I am glad he sleeps in his own bed because he is a restless sleeper, always on the move.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• At *my* house... only when they are sick and I mean miserable can't sleep with out being held sick. They were in their own beds 'full time' by 6 months or so. I agree it is totally up to each family to come up with a plan or compromise that works for them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I think sometimes is okay, but not every single night or he/she will never sleep in their own bed once it's time to stay in their own bed all night long. I love cuddling with my youngest too since he's a cuddlebug, but I make sure to get him to sleep in his toddler bed on his own most of the time. Sometimes I just have him sleep with me just because I feel like cuddling or when he's sick or has a nightmare/bad dream. If you and your hubby can talk and maybe meet somewhere in the middle on the issue, I don't see any harm in the child sleeping in the same bed as you.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Our son has never one time slept with us, that's our choice. We look at our bed as 'our sacred' area and only for us.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Never, never and never! It's not healthy for the kids or parents.
    ELBEBEDEMAMA

Answer by ELBEBEDEMAMA at 1:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We co-sleep and allowing him to decide when its time to start in his iwn bed. You have to do whats right for you all and not worry about outsider and their opinions "facts"
    Jessesmomma2009

Answer by Jessesmomma2009 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• For us, it was never. My bed is for my husband and myself only. (okay, so saturday mornings my kids pile in to watch tv, but you get the point)

Answer by missanc at 3:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011