Help dealing with heartburn

I am 28 years old and haven't ever delt with hearburn before not even with my other 2 pregnancies (girls), but this one I find out what I am having next month, but I have been dealing with neausea which I didn't with the other 2 although my OB said it is probably from the heartburn. I am 17 weeks old. How do i deal with this heartburn? Every single thing I eat no matter what it is it gives me heartburn.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can ask for a prescription but mint gum believe it or not can help a ton!! Mint gum, or a mint after each meal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• tums. or Rolaids. I forgot which one was ok to take during pregnancy. Nausea, try sucking on a peppermint.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Tums, when I was pregnant that was in my bag. Ask you doctor....

My heartburn was terrible.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I mentioned it to my OB and all he said was ke tums or something else I don't remember the name, but DH said it is like really expensive. I haven't tried the tums yet I was going to get some and realized we don't have any (DH gets it a lot). OB also said it could be what I am eating, but I don't know cause it does it on anything I eat
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• take a shot of milk :)
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I had that with my son (this time I have NONE, so I'm totally thinking it's a girl, haha!) but after the 1st trimester my dr actually told me to take an over-the-counter acid reducing pill (I don't remember if it was prevacid or what it was, so make sure you ask your ob!!). He said that my extreme morning sickness was probably a result of the awful heartburn, after taking he pills, heartburn was gone and so was the nausea!! I never ate tomato products or anything during that pregnancy! Good luck, it's such an awful thing to deal with constantly!
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 3:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• you should be able to drink some mylanta thats what my doc told me
    Stinson90

Answer by Stinson90 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Maalox or Tums. If it persists, speak to the doctor about going on Zantac, or the Rx generic of Zantac, Ranitidine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Tums and milk. Mint doesn't do anything for me, but give me gas. Oy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Try papaya chewable supplements. They should have them at any health food store/ GNC type store.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011