Do you think it's ok for apartment maintanence to come into your apt when you aren't home?

I think it's ok if the apt manager is going to let you know if they are coming in to do repairs or change air filters and what not but not too long ago, I went to the store and when I came home, the maintanence guy was in my house fixing things and it scared the holy crap outta me! He left my refrigerator door open and left my lights on when he left. I thought about complaining to the manager about it. I just kinda find that rude though. Am I wrong?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• They arent legally allowed to without giving 24 hour notice in most states. I would definitely call and complain.

Answer by gemgem at 1:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• By law, they have to give you at least 24 hours notice that they will be entering your home.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• They have the right to enter whether or not you're home, but as said, they have a legal obligation to let you know ahead of time.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yeah, they didn't inform me that he would be entering.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• They're supposed to inform you ahead of time.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• As long as notice was given, I never minded. I'd rather they came when I was at work, during my apartment living days.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• NO!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011