Heartburn

The past 2 weeks I am getting heartburn from EVERYTHING... I am over weight by 40lbs and 32 years old - could that really be the ONLY reason ? lol!! I seriously am getting it from juice or water - eggs you name it -

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• OHHHH, my goodness get to the DR. you sound like me, and it ended up being very severe heartburn to where I couldnt eat or drink anything w/o vomiting. I had to go for emergency surgery it was my gull bladder. Easy surgery, no major problems and back to normal in about 3 days.
    Now, if you dont have your gull bladder anymore..i still suggest the Dr.
    baabaear8

Answer by baabaear8 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Heartburn can be caused by being overweight, yes, but it's not the only way it can occur either though. If you have taken anything and everything you can think of over the counter and nothing works best, I think you should make an appointment with you doctor to just make sure things are okay. Severe heartburn can be signs of acid eating away your esophagus (not sure if I spelled it right, sorry) or even a slight heart problem or something. So with that said, it's never bad to be safe than sorry. My cousin had severe heartburn like that and it happened for so long he now takes 45 minutes just to swallow a portion of food that consists of 3 bites is all because the acid ate away his esophagus completely and doctors said it can't be fixed. My dad was slightly overweight and had severe heartburn as well, he started working out but too late, not even a month later had a heart attack and had to get quad bypass surgery.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011