Would you call the cops if...

you lived on the bottom floor of an apartment, and your upstairs neighbors sounded like they were killing eachother? they are stomping on the floor so hard my ceiling fan is shaking, i hear a woman and a man shouting at eachother, and a kid crying. maybe im being dramatic but it sounds like someones getting hurt up there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, in fact, I have. It's scary (especially with kids), and you might save someone from getting the crap beat out of them.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yes. Its domestic violence. Kids dont deserve to live in that sort of environment.

Answer by gemgem at 1:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If there is that much going on then yes, absolutely! Domestic abuse isn't just physical. If there is a child that is seeing all of this that is being affected something should be done.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yes, I would and have.
    I had neighbors and one night they were fighting and yelling and suddenly there was this crash and my whole wall shook and some of picture fell off and the girl I could hear just screaming, and it sounded like he was hitting her so I called the cops. They showed up, she ran out and the guy was arrested, then evicted. I don't know what all happened but it sounded like she needed help.

And with your neighbors, I would call, you just never know.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I've been there and done this. They end up hating you and your kids and nothing changes. Even if the police take him out he will be back because she LOVES him. She doesnt care about the children, or the neighbors. Most times the violent behavior never changes. The landlords do nothing because they don't have to be there. You don't have a relationship like that because you wouldn't put your kids through it so they lay there and listen to a neighbor go through it. Calling the police night after night till finally they do something is an option. The police contacted my landlord and he finally asked them to leave. Luckily I live in my own home now. It was exausting.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 1:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I called the cops once when I walked past someone's house and there was the sound of a drill and someone screaming in the garage. It freaked me out a little.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i called. i just don't want them to be bothered if they are just being loud, kwim? they are usually loud anyway, as far as stomping when they walk and stuff, but ive never actuall been able to hear them yelling at eachother thru my cieling. i think something is very wrong!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Better to call and possibly help than not call while mommy gets murdered or beat up!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I would DEFINATELY call the cops!
    seecb

Answer by seecb at 1:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I call the cops on my neighbors all the time for this. Nothing ever really gets done because the argument is always ended by the time the cops finally get there-but still, I think its the best thing to do. Hope they move out or settle their differences soon so you can rest easy!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011