Military mistresses spin off adult content

Since it looks like my previous post has spun very far off the original intent, I'll try this again.
here's the link to the original post if you care to read was was said in that one:
http://www.cafemom.com/answers/755017/Military_mistresses

So, here is the question.
To those women out there who care about a military man or maybe a woman, I'd would like to hear how you cope with it all. I'm particularly interested in hearing how women who are friends or mistresses to those in the military cope since they don't have access to the support systems that the immediate families may have. BTW- if I am wrong and others DO have access to the same support, feel free to let me know that too.
Not my place to judge you, so feel free to open up if you wish. I'm not looking to hear from just the wives. Though I welcome their posts too.

Its a topic I find intriguing due to past and more recent experiences with myself and others I know.

Also, for anyone who is looking to judge or bash, you may want to list your comments on the other post. Though I welcome all comments, it would help me to keep them sorted.
thanks for all input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• To person who asked this question, there is a website called Meetup.com. I joined to find local play groups for my kids. There are some Military Wives groups. Maybe that could help you more. I don't think there is anything wrong with your question. I just joined the site for mommy support & have already had rude remarks made to me. It doesn't matter what you say or ask, everyone has an opinion & sadly many think they are always right. haha
    WaterLily_Pads

Answer by WaterLily_Pads at 2:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• What are you looking for exactly? What do you want to hear? How does anyone cope with any kind of issue? You keep getting out of bed in the morning, putting your feet on the ground and going through your day doing the best you can. If you have pain emotionally, you pray, you talk to friends, you do drugs, you eat too much, whatever.
    WHY do you keep asking this question?
    I am not a military wife but can only imagine how upsetting it is for them to see this, and it makes them probably think about their men talking to other women. You seem proud of yourself, like it makes you feel special?
    Is there nothing else you can do to make yourself feel good? How about taking care of your husbands issues? Come on lady! Back off and stay away from married men!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• To JackieGirl007-I was giving an opinion to why I thought she may not be getting the answers she needed. I had a friend who was a mistress to a military man & she would NEVER let anyone find out. So maybe I am not wrong. For home wreckers that think they are offering these men sex for fighting for our country, sure, maybe they don't care about getting bashed. I wouldn't know. I'd rather support troops in ways that don't betray innocent wives that are already in pain & lonely from their husbands being in Iraq.
    WaterLily_Pads

Answer by WaterLily_Pads at 1:42 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Okay since this is the second time I've seen this question roll around the Q&A portion of this website I have to ask, what does any of this have to do with being a mom? This is CafeMom, not CafeMistress the last time I checked. If you're looking for advice, support, questions, whatever from other military wives or mistress's, I suggest you go find a forum that pertains to such things. I really don't care what you do in your free time, I'm not even judging you, but I believe this site is the wrong place for your business. This is a place for mom's and soon to be mom's to get help, support, advice, start friendships, and have fun.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It's a very interesting question, but I don't think anyone would answer if they were a mistress in fear of admitting it & getting bashed for it. I'm sure it's hard for anyone that loves a person in the Military
    WaterLily_Pads

Answer by WaterLily_Pads at 1:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have a question about your question, so I can understand better what you're asking. Are you referring to girlfriends of military men/woman or just mistresses/woman having affairs with military members that are married or whatever the case?
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• "It's a very interesting question, but I don't think anyone would answer if they were a mistress in fear of admitting it & getting bashed for it. I'm sure it's hard for anyone that loves a person in the Military "
    Good point. I may not get any responses like that for the reasons you stated, but I decided to repost the question anyway.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Waterlily_pads is wrong. There are many of us who have been the mistress of a military man and so used to getting bashed that it doesn't seem to matter anymore. We provide something they don't get at home, freedom to express themselves openly and freely without judgment. Did you read the post about the woman wanting to tell her dh he can't get naughty texts from his (male) friend? Who needs a second mom? These men fight for our country. They want to be appreciated and treated like real men not like little boys or just a wallet to someone who doesn't appreciate them as a person. Actually there are places for moral support for us and if there isn't one near you then you can create one. Every base should have one.
    Anonymous

• "I have a question about your question, so I can understand better what you're asking. Are you referring to girlfriends of military men/woman or just mistresses/woman having affairs with military members that are married or whatever the case? " anyone! married, not married, mistresses, friends, anyone. I would like hear from anyone coping, but I was particularly interested in hearing from those that don't have access to the same counseling and support that the wives may have. Such as a friend or possibly a mistress. I was wondering how someone in that situation copes since not only are they in a relationship that is staying hidden, they are dealing with military worries, different than someone who was in a relationship with someone who is not serving their country.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Not a military mistress and never will be one. But I can say why being I see so much of this living close to a military post. The military has always been the "It" thing. It's truly a phenomenon about money, benefits, status quo and commercialism.

In my opinion, I really can't stand when the military is used as a popularity card for many that I know. As a vet (working on my personal life's mitzvah), I look past the uniform, at the individual. The uniform is only skin deep for me.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 1:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011