Does anyone else have a child who simply doesn't like to eat?

No advice needed. I just want to find out if anyone else is in the same boat.

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 1:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not my child but when I was young, I went through a stage where I refused to eat because I simply wasn't hungry. I mean, I had absolutely no appetite whatsoever so I just didn't eat.
    Anonymous

• YES i have a 13 month old she eats eggs everyday for breakfast.....cheese and bananas for lunch and pasta for dinner and thats about it. dont know what to do
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 1:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• We're being followed by the doctor for weight checks but they haven't been helpful. They have just driven me crazy and made me obsessive about my daughter's eating. The worst thing is that he keeps looking for medical causes when he won't address behaviour. Today is my worst day because I'm stressing the doctor appointment tomorrow. I know she's gaining but I don't know if it will be enough for him. Sometimes it feels as if I'm the only one in this situation but I know I'm not.
    Nonoluna

Comment by Nonoluna (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• hang in there it could just be a phase. My 13month old wants nothing at all to do with babyfood thats been going on since she was about 11months. Have you tried giving her the spoon or fork and letting her try to feed herself? I started that last week i still help her get it to her mouth and she still doesnt eat that much but she will eat a couple spoonfulls (like with rice etc.) Try eggs in the morning i figure aleast its a good source of protein.
    Is it that shes not eating anything? maybe because shes teething? Also if shes drinking maybe shes filling up on liquids and by the time its ready to eat shes not hungry.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 2:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011