Waking up in the morning, and feeling blue

I was diagnosed with PPD when my son was 2 months old and have been taking AD's (not enough funds for therapy) anyway, my son is 6 months old now and I'm much much better, but I still feel blue at times mostly in the morning when I wake up, I also feel overwhelmed when alone with my son. Do u think this is part of my Postpartum Depression or am I just a crappy person for feeling this way. Will I ever feel like the old me again? Ijust want to be able to go through my day w/o feeling sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• You are NOT a crappy person for feeling blue. The question to ask is if it is the usual blues that everyone gets and gets through or if you need more support to get through it. Are you doing anything at all that is just for you that makes you feel wonderful? That might help. Get out and around others as much as possible and most of all, don't beat yourself up.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:49 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You are not a crappy person. I too experienced PPD and am on AD. It has been better and I am starting to wean myself off of them. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up yet.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 2:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011