A friend of mine always makes plans to go out with me just to cancel at last minute?

I look forward to getting out as I'm a SAHM. So we had plans to go out on Friday but I just cancelled. I just can't look forward to something that will probably not happen. Is this horrible of me? Should I be the bigger person and not get upset when she does cancel? Does this happen to anybody else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I would stop making plans with her. That is so rude. I understand things happen, but some people just don't care about plans and will break them faster than they make them. I know people that do that as well. I just ignore their invites and promises now.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• that sounds like me.. I have GREAT intentions and very little follow through.. I would just talk to her about it.. maybe there is a reason? Mine is because I get super bad anxiety and can't seem to get over it when it comes time to leave..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Hang on...you cancelled so she wouldn't cancel first? Um...talk to your friend about how you're feeling. This is going nowhere fast.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• This has happened to me plently of times. And to be honest sometimes I get upset too. But if I know the excuse is really serious then I let it slide. For example if they cancel because of a family emergency or something really important. The only thing that stinks is sometimes I spend hours curling my hair and doing my makeup and then *ring ring i'm really sorryy* :/ but I don't think you should hold a grudge.. but it depends on the situation. You should tell him/her next time if they need to cancel they should cancel in advanced. If the repetition keeps up then maybe I would reconsider making plans
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 1:52 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have a friend like that too. I am supposed to go to a new dance company today with my dd and they offer cheer, and gymnastics too which would be more ideal for me and my dd. My friend said she wanted her dd to go to it too and we should go together. Well I sent the info Monday and she said yes lets go. I sent her the total cost (she had asked) and havent heard from her since. Now I am leery about going alone because I wont know anyone. I know that sounds dumb, but I want to go with someone lol. Ill probably still go but it aggravates me to no end. This isnt the first time either. She always "forgets" about things.

Answer by gemgem at 1:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Find other friends to make plans with.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• At least you might get a phone call. My so call friend will tell me,hey,let's go to breakfast ,or lunch or whatever and the day we're supposed to go she doesn't call or mention it, she acts like she plans these things to see if i'm gonna be excited about going out with her,like she is sooo important that i would be happy if she would invite me out somewhere, I just say,yeah okay,and go out with other friends cuz I know whats gonna happen.And all she does is talk about herself and how many guys tried to talk to her and how she can fit into a size 11,when actually she is a size 18,and as soon as I try to say what's goin on in my life,she barely listens. So i barely communicate with her and she doesn't know why,she just thinks,oh sumthin must be wrong with your phone cuz i been callong you and you haven't called me back,she's so clueless.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• if she always cancels on you, then let her see what it is like to have you cancel on her, do i don't see you being wrong
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011