Boyfriend Blues

My boyfriend on 1 year broke it off with me because he wanted to be just friends. I couldn't handle the stress of seeing new pictures he was tagged in with girls or the new rules like a "text" goodnight instead of a "phone call". Were both 18 and I know it's young but we really loved each other and broke up out of nowhere. He was having a family issue and once it passed he still decided to be single. I don't want to be on the side. He knows i'll be there for him. What should I do? I've already tried talking to him telling him how much he means to me but he wrote don't worry we can be best friends ;)
Is he taking things a little less serious than me?
Anyways, I deleted him from facebook and stopped calling/texting a day ago. Yesterday he texted me "thanks for deleting me lol". I didn't find anything funny......I'm devastated and heartbroken :(
HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Hes not worth it, it seems like ur just a game to him now. I wouldnt have anything to do with him anymore.
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 2:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It sounds like he is over it and I would just accept that too. Don't obsess over him and don't beg EVER! Enjoy being single! You're young!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• This is the third post I've seen about your situation. He's an ass. Get over him. We've given you advice. Just move on. Yes, it sucks and is hard but apparently he wasn't right for you anyway.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:08 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Why do you keep asking this question over and over?? Obviously he doesn't want to be with you. Try and forget about him. Live your life and don't look back. He isn't worth it.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Now you have an opportunity to find some guys even better than him. Time will heal your hurt.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• people keep asking the same questions over and over to get the points or haven't you figured that out yet? This new point system has ruined the quality of the questions. It's now all about how many you can ask.
    Anonymous

• Anon...if you ask a question anonymously, you don't get points.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Move on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Honey, not to be harsh, I understand it hurts like hell. I had the same thing happen to me at 16. You're looking for anyone to tell you there's reason to hope and truthfully none of us can say that. You need to pick up yourself and move on. Grieve in your own way, but don't keep trying to hold on to him or justify what he's doing. He wants to be free. You need to let him go. It hurts and it will take a while but trust me the pain won't last forever. Good luck!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Move on, you did the right thing by deleting off your facebook.
    Azita888

Answer by Azita888 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011