Anything soon to be mommies should know?

Is there anything that a first time mommy should know about labor/delivery? Like stuff you wish you would have known.. This is my first pregnancy and I'm always wanting to know anything and everything that could happen!

jaydensmommy427

Asked by jaydensmommy427 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• All I can say is, inform yourself! Read anything you can about pregnancy, labor, and delivery, and know as much as you can before the big day. The more informed you are, the more decisions you can make and the more comfortable you are going to feel.

Also, a good support team is always a help during labor/delivery. People who are going to support your decisions, and be there for you 100%!
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• You could poop on the bed and not give a damn about it ;)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Get alot of rest in the hospital, once you go home you will be SLEEP DEPRIVED!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Let's see... pitocin is the devil comes to mind. The rest of it is fuzzy, due to the meds I was given to deal with the pain that devil pitocin caused!

Be more concerned, seriously, with AFTER. Especially the area of feeding, as that will be baby's most urgent concern after birth and for months afterwards.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• There's no way to anticipate what is going to happen during labour and delivery. For after though, make sure you have loads of great food ready to go whether it's frozen meals or snacks. You'll need them!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 2:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Goooodluck with everything :)
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 2:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• agree with the first one, Lots and lots of rest, and visitors too otherwise u go crazy being in the hospital. Plus if u even are breastfeeding give the baby to the nursery and say when baby is hungry bring him/her to me and i will feed and then take baby back when i am done. So make sure u keep baby in nursery so u can get at least 1 good night rest before the baby comes home and ur up most of the nights. Plus let nurses help u, and if the hospital asks if u want someone to give u a massage get it, i didn't and i regret it
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Recovering from delivery with an epidural is a lot more difficult than without
    Bring a few snacks for the recovery room- a couple boxes of granola bars and some juice. When the nurse brings baby in for a 3 am feeding you'll be hungry.
    Also, ask for Tylenol with codene, lanisoh nipple cream and stool softeners- they aren't always offered to you unless you ask, all will help with your recovery,

Good luck!! Congratulations!!

Also, bring your baby book. Last time the nurses put Dds hand and footprints right into the book. Also grab a newspaper from the day baby wad born:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• As a second time mother, i would make sure that you have your legs and other areas waxed at all times when you are close to your due date, and also when you are close to your due date eat a meal before you go to your doctor appointment. I tell you that because when I had my DD I didn't eat breakfast before my doctor appointment (which was at 9:30 am) and then after my appointment I was admitted to the hospital and was not able to eat anything once I got admitted, so my last meal was the previous night. Also if your DH is unavailable to be with you in the delivery room make sure you have someone who can help you through the birth. Also I recommend getting the epidural. Hope this helps
    Mom0413

Answer by Mom0413 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• "Plus if u even are breastfeeding give the baby to the nursery and say when baby is hungry bring him/her to me and i will feed and then take baby back when i am done. So make sure u keep baby in nursery so u can get at least 1 good night rest "

Warning: This can sabotage the breastfeeding relationship. Too many times, the warnings to not give bottles are ignored. Also, some hospitals no longer have nurseries for any babies except seriosuly ill ones.

Besides. You want rest? Don't go to a hospital! Least restful environment on the planet! **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011