Ok.. so I am not cool?? lol

so here is a little info to give you a little background.... I am friends with SEVERAL of my husbands female friends... and good friends with his high school sweetheart.. soooooo when i say something about him constantly talking to girls.. i mean GIRLS WHO I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF (3 years together) and girls who like to leave "joking" msgs about some sort of inside joke between the two of them from when they dated.... and I personally think there is no problem with having opposite sex friends but when you go past the normal friend... like really??? IF YOU WERE SUCH GREAT FRIENDS.. WHY HAVENT I HEARD OF HER UNTIL NOW??? it just gets old.. everytime i get on facebook i see that some girl sent him a msg ( if its just friends why do it behind closed doors??) or he's msging back and forth with a few girls... or he has a new friend which just so happens to be a girl.. who he claims is an OLD friend.. im sorry but if you havent spoken in 15 years... i would think that you can no longer consider them a friend.. its more like someone you know... and then when i say something about you emailing a girl i have never met .... you make the comment that EVERYONE you know is cooler than me??? oh and then i am supposed to be nice.. NO SIR... I dont want to be cool if it means dealing with my husband having NO respect for his wife what so ever... i am very tempted to show him that all my "ex's" or "guy-friends" can be reached also and then see how he likes it! ugh i am sooo freaking sick of always seeing a damn girls name pop up.. i mean what the hell does a MAN need a facebook for anyway???

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• One of the things I hate about facebook. You know, of my close friends, facebook has been the source of two of my friends becoming close to guys from the past and cheating. Not that your husband is doing that . . . just saying that social networking provides a lot of opportunity for communication that normally wouldn't happen.

When I first met my husband we had a huge blow-out over this very thing, and I made it clear that I was not comfortable with special friends of the opposite sex. (This was preempted by an old "friend" of his from high school practically groping him in front of me . . .sitting on his lap, etc. He said he didn't see that as flirting . . . I thought it was disgusting.) So, in our marriage, we have pretty strict guidelines about that type of stuff. You are not unreasonable to request this from a marriage.

He knows that I am not comfortable if he goes to lunch alone with female co-workers, et.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Personally I'd be pissed. I would not be ok with that at all especially the way he's doing it.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I agree people can be friends with the opposite sex but what your dh is doing seems over the line. If you have talked to him and the behavior dosent stop then there is really nothing you can do besides leave. You could look up old boyfriends and talk to them but thats just going to create a deeper wedge in your relationship. I doubt he would be cool enough for you to text your old boyfriends. Also on his facebook does he say he is married? Does he have pics of the two of you up, not that it matters to much because some women ( I use the term loosley) dont care if a man is married or not. If it were me and I was unsure of what was being said or questioned if he may be cheating or doing inappropraite things online I would get a free keylogger and see exactly what was said. Yes I know invasion of privacy blah blah blah but if it could somehow affect me or my kids down the line I see no problem with it. I hope he wakes up and star
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• and starts respecting you like you deserve.
    okmommy08

• I'm sorry!!! I would question it too! Why can't he just talk to those girls on the public view? No need for private messages.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If you can't trust him then he shouldn't have the account or you should work on your trust issues. He also needs to work on his boundariy issues with you, what he should and shouldn't do.

Facebook friends for me, are limited to those who I rarely have any interaction with on a daily basis. People from school that I don't talk to or hang out with, people who I know from work. I have no friends on FB that I am really close too since I keep up with their lives IN REAL LIFE.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• my hubby does this stuff too, its annoying
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011