Anyone taking Vitex?

I have been taking 3 vitex tablets a day for 3 months to help regulate my periods and lengthen luteal phase defect just in case (since I stopped breastfeeding 3 months ago). I was told to take it the entire cycle. Well this is the first cycle i got a dark dark positive ovulation kit. So I got one last thursday and another positive friday and then negative. So I am guessing ovulation friday (if it happened) so that puts me at 5 dpo. I am still taking vitex my question is do i stop if I get a BFP or wean myself off gradually if preggo? I have read both and stuff about stoping abruptly causing m/c. Any one have any expereinces?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• tried vitex. didn't work. made me cramp and bleed (excessively)during ovulation after a couple months on it. i would not recommend it to any woman.
    Anonymous

• I guess everyone is different. I hadn't had that experience on it. Sorry to hear it was like that for you.
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2011