What are some foods you're just sick of eating?

My roommate and I can really only afford the basics lately - bread, eggs, milk, etc - and things that go on sale. Up until recently I had no problem with that... but I'm growing sick of eating the same stuff all the time! I made Kraft Dinner for us last night (I only ever make that when there's nothing else to make) and I could barely gag down the half a bowl I had. I never used to mind Kraft Dinner at all... not too long ago I'd make it just whenver I felt like it, not out of necessity! But last night I realized I'm sick of it!
I'm also really sick of rice - I used to LOVE just making myself a bowl of Minute Rice and having either soya sauce or butter and salt on it... oh my god it was good! But now I don't even want to make it for my roommate to have with dinner - even the smell grosses me out!

Anyone else sick of eating anything they used to like? What is it?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Iam tired of Little Caesars lol. I am also tired of hot dogs and nachos from the snack bar I have had to endure since Aug due to after school sports. I am tired of eggs & strawberry cream cheese muffins.

Answer by gemgem at 5:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Not really, but some ideas for you: dry beans, can be made into all kinds of things (chili, stews, etc) and are so cheap, eggs can also be made a variety of ways and is an excellent protein.

What is "Kraft Dinner"?
    Anonymous

• My fiance only like certian things, and fruit, veggies, or anything health is not an option. SO pretty much he only eats mean, corn, black eyed peas, brad, mac n cheese, lasagna, chili beans, pizza, and mashed potatoes. Im sick of all of those things. I like all kinds of food but im not cooking two meals, and i kno if i dont cook something he likes then he will just go get something fast food, ehich is full of fat and thqat is just more money spent whch we cant afford. So i feel your pain. Try spices and look in cook books for reciepes with cheap ingred.
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I've been trying to lower my intake of carbs and eating eggs in the morning for breakfast, but I am about done...is there another low carb item I could eat besides eggs....hmmmm.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• yes, ramen noodles!
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 1:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011