What characteristics show your husband is a MAMA's BOY??

my husband will NOT admit he is a mama's boy.. he gets soo pissed if i even say something hinting toward it..

here is some things that point toward him being a HUGE mama's boy..

1. he talkes to her EVERY SINGLE DAY!
2. he still watches the grammy's because she got him hooked on it..
3. he still watches soap opera's bc she got him hooked on it... ONE LIFE TO LIVE lol
4. he gets mad if anyone says anything slightly not praising his MAMA

...... if i didnt know better... i would think he was gay..lol JK

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• and i should NEVER think my opinion is matters when it comes to something they have already discussed..

i feel the exact same way. "they" made the decision to trade his current truck in and buy a new 4 door, thinking it would be more convenient for our 3 kids. yes, it would be more convenient, but also more expensive, and we can barely afford the small, 2 door truck he currently has! i want to use our tax money to pay his truck off, THEY want to use it to get a new truck. i feel like its me against them most of the time, and i end up wanting to slap both of them silly!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• If his mom calls he goes running to her.
    If his mom says something bad about you and he does not stand up for you.

Answer by louise2 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• 1, 2 and 3 don't mean a thing. My mother died four years ago... man, I miss being able to talk to her every day and so does my brother.

#4... depends on what's being said and how truthful it is.

Here is the REAL SIGN of being a Mama's Boy... he puts his mother BEFORE you.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• no, that doesnt qualify a mama's boy IMO. i do all of those things too, all of them (i am watching OLTL right now) and i am not a mama's girl. we butt heads frequently often.

a mama's boy, and i will describe mine to you, is someone who allows his mother to make decisions for him that grown, married men can make themselves. such as finances, parenting, life-altering decisions. and yes, he involves MIL in all of those things. she does our freakin taxes for us because he won't let anyone else touch them. it took me a year to get her name removed from his bank account after we got married. he sometimes goes to her with his problems BEFORE coming to me. someone that NEEDS his mommy for things that responsible grown up men do not need them for anymore. and most of the time, it can cause strain on the marriage.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I guess you will just have to deal with it. Or divorce him. Or hope his mom takes a turn for the worst soon.

Answer by louise2 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• OK. You finally mentioned the IMPORANT things. The rest is trivial.

Time for a "come to Jesus" talk. "Put me first or we're DONE."

Answer by gdiamante at 3:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• ZERO- and never did.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My husband isn't a mama's boy. Then again is mom is less than stellar.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 2:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My ex was a mama's boy, but it was totally unexpected. He's a big tough guy with no feelings - never expected him to be a mama's boy! But he totally was!
    He works with his mom, and would work overtime with her even if he didn't need to.
    He'd complain about going over there to help her fix something, or whatever, and then go anyway.
    He didn't understand why I found the really annoying things about his mom so annoying.
    He saw no problem with his mom showering with my son, when that was something WE didn't even do, as his parents!!
    So glad I don't have inlaws to deal with anymore...
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• He sounds like a good son to me, not a mama's boy.

Answer by older at 2:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011