What are your grocery essentials?

I buy junk food! I need to know how to really shop for groceries. What do yo usually get when you go grocery shopping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Milk, regular and soy, whole wheat bread, cheeses, eggs, and lots of veggies, and fruit.

Answer by older at 2:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I make a list of stuff that I am making for the week. Thats usually meats, fruits, vegtables lots of milk. I do get a few snacks and my dhs dr pepper but for the most part I get stuff I can cook.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Almost every time we go, we get milk, bread, butter, and eggs (we go through those last two surprisingly fast). Then from there, usually things we need/want that are on sale - snacks, frozen meals, pasta, things like that. Lately groceries are kind of on a needs-only basis!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• the every-trip items: milk, breads/cheese-variety, eggs, coffee, kashi bars, fruits/vegs. what makes a different line-up every time depends on what i'm planning for dinners/week.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Well, when we go to BJs we get things like things like meat that can be frozen, bottled water, bread (keep one loaf out and freeze the other), pastas and stuff that won't go bad for awhile. And then toilet paper, paper towels and stuff like that. I do a lot of freezer cooking so I can actually do most of my shopping there and be good for awhile.

If we go to Weis or Aldi I get snacks-I don't like to buy them in bulk because then I binge on junk food :/. I also buy my soda there to keep from having too much in the house. I'll also buy condiments and eggs and smaller things that don't keep for as long, Oh and milk.

I used to be TERRIBLE at grocery shopping but then I acutally started cooking and planning meals for the upcoming weeks. It saves a TON of money. Freezer cooking has given me at least an extra 100-150 a month to put into my savings account.

258-*
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I get milk, eggs, noodles, soda, cereal, fruits in like containers, applesauce both kinds the no sugar added (my husband likes) and the regular with the sugar added for my son, meats like pork chops, chicken, Hamburger , ring Bologna , steaks. I also by Vegetable not canned anymore, but frozen they are healthier. I also get fruits like bannana's, apples, strawberries, blueberrie.
    I do buy TV dinners for me and my son, and my husband like the campbells chunky soups. I do buy tator tots, toaster struttles, i get pancakes, breakfast sausage, and bacon, and bread, This is just some
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Bread, butter,milk, eggs, onions, garlic, potatoes, bacon, rice, chicken, beef steak, pork steak, pork roast, game hen, sausage, frozen corn, hamburger, cereal, coffee creamer, sugar, saled fixings, salad dressing.. that is just some of the things I buy monthly.

Answer by louise2 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• im in charge of shopping for a family of 5, which consists of 1 very tall & constantly hungry DH, 3 growing kids (ages 4, 2, 1) and myself.

the essentials i always get are: meats, mostly chicken (sometimes whole chickens), extra lean ground beef and turkey, and occasionally pork. bread, milk, eggs, cheese, butter, carbs for my meals such as rice, potatoes and noodles, always keep an extra jar of pasta sauce on hand, snacks such as yogurt, crackers, fresh fruit & veggies, easy fix breakfast meals like waffles, oatmeal, cereal.

i typically spend about 75-100 per week on groceries, and most of the time i stretch what i buy out for the whole week. i do have 2 in diapers so i end up having to go back sooner sometimes for that & other hygenial items.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• The main things that i ALWAYS get are : meats, bread, paper towls, cookies, chips, sodas, mac n cheese, and milk. I get other things to but those are the things that i get everytime i go grocery shopping
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i buy junk
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 11:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2011