His mom drives me crazy

Just hearing her voice puts me in a bad mood.. she is F A K E... serious fake.. and she is the type that "tries to keep up with the jones."
like she always talks about how she can't afford this bill or that.. but she runs out and gets new iphone the new ipad the new mac air computer..all within 2 months.. and
they wanted to get a swimming pool put in... (lets add yet ANOTHER monthly bill) but the banks werent giving out that much for home improvements or to put in the pool... anyway they were like well i could just get the money out of the saving account we have like 30000 set back.. but then like 2 weeks later they were talking about how they were behind on bills and mortgage etc.. seriously WHY LIE bout money... and why do you keep going out to get more things you do not need when you cant afford what you have now???
and she tries to impress her friends WAAAYYYY too much.. like she told her son and me that her friends were going to be in town on his bday early that morning and would be leaving by one soooo she was having a bday lunch and hoped we could make it.. really? its his bday and you are going to have a bday lunch with or without him???? LOL tooo funny...

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I am sure she is everything you say and more, but be careful she is still your hubby's mom!

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• yeah you just have to grin and deal with it - my mother in law told me the other day that I big thighs. I just had a baby - yes thy are a bit large but not huge - I could have really told her where to put it - but I figured it was best for EVERYONE if I just ignored her comment - we dont have to all love being with each other all the time but we all have to be civil to each other at a min.
    mommahershey

Answer by mommahershey at 2:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I share the MIL feeling
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• hang in there. i don't always get on with my MIL. she up and left hubs when he was little but tries to be buddy buddy with me on FB. and now she's living with her new boyfriend (her younger son's father-they weren't together for 20 yrs then in a span of like, 2 months she decided there was still something there and moved across the country to be with him). and she's all up his grandkid's butt but maybe touches base about her actual grandson-ie my son-once a month. it get infuriating but all ya can do is shrug it off and roll your eyes when they're not looking.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My has been keeping with jones for years and it does drive me crazy. She has spend there retirement money years ago.
    She use to make fun of my family because we knew how to dress for special events. She use to say we live in California you don't need to dress up. Well now she will change her clothing up to 3 times a day, shops at Chicos $$$$$.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• grrr is all i can say,
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2011