"House that built me"...... do you have one?

Everytime I hear the Meranda Lambert song I think about the house that I grew up in. My Grandfather left it to my mom when he died. Most of my fondest memories are there, my little sister passed away in the house. Even though, mom doesn't own it anymore, it will always be a special place. I drive by when I'm in the neighborhood and it looks so small now. I've heard it's been completely remodeled but I'd still love the chance to go inside again or even just sit on the front porch........

Do you have a place like that?

knappkin

Asked by knappkin at 2:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Not any more :( My cousin's wife accidently burnt it down about 10 years ago. It was a 1 room log cabin with an attic. The ladder to get to the attic was home made out of logs and sorta scary thinking back on it. There was a hill behind it and a lake in front of it. Instead of having a car or truck, we had a snow machine with a sled, 2 three wheelers, and a skiff (boat). I learned how to swim and fish in that lake, and spent my winters sledding down the hill behind us. There was alot of work envolved too. We (kids) had to haul water, stack wood, pick berries,and help take care of fish out of the net. Some of my stronger memories are my mom making us hide in the attic because there was a bear in the dry house eating fish, and getting stuck in snow over my head with my older brother and my dad always coming to our rescue.
    I have tons of wonderful memories in that house! Fun question :)
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011