Do people predicting your baby's sex annoy the c**p out of you?

We have a son and a baby on the way, but its too early to determine sex. Both my brother and sister have had a boy first, then girls. Because of this, they have all assumed I am having a girl. They also keep saying stuff about how I am carrying ( I'm barely even showing!!!) how the fact that I have more morning sickness this time around means its a girl, and all the other old wives tales. Then, if we do tell everyone it IS a girl, they are all going to crow "We were right, we were right!!" as if I had somehow disagreed with them when I said that the conditions of the pregnancy mean absolutely NOTHING! Every pregnancy is different, the conditions don't mean squat! I almost hope we are having a boy, just to make them eat their words and prove them all wrong about the old wives tales (even though we would really like a girl this time around). Does this drive anyone else crazy?

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are you always this sensitive? Sounds like they are just showing an interest in your pregnacy.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• LOL.. Sounds like Hormones are getting to you - lol.. Yes, I found that quite annoying how "sure" people were and "I knew it" grrr...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I agree with you. When I became pregnant the second time, my Dad kept pestering me & saying loudly in front of relatives & friends that I better name the baby after him since he knows it's going to be a boy! I would cringe because I felt bad for my DH about naming the child after my Dad & not his. So I figured I would choose another name altogether as not to offend anyone. I got so nervous about this It was actually causing me unnecessary stress! Well low & behold! It's going to be a girl!!! YEA!! So I get to actually choose the name I want & my dad stops pestering me. Whew! Relatives can be a real pain! Oh BTW it's NOT your hormones, it's your relatives! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I didn't get too much of that from my family, but strangers everywhere wanted to tell me what they "knew". When I found out I was having a boy AND a girl I agree with them or disagree with them depending on my mood...or sometimes I could just confuse them.

I hope you're having a boy so you can surprise them all!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• No, I think its fun. You are pregnant for such a short time, although it doesn't seem like it when its happening, lol, that any of that type of attention was fun for me. I loved it all. I agree with the first poster, I think you are hormonal, or have much bigger problems with these people than you are stating here. I mean, to wish you were having a boy just so you can say they were wrong is a bit odd, no? Let them have fun and be GRATEFUL that they care about you and the new baby.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• That S**T annoys me like no other!!! Even people I didn't even freakin know use to say stuff about that.
    Stinson90

Answer by Stinson90 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• No i dont let things like that bother me i just ignore them.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 2, 2011