What is the best way to relieve a migraine?

I have that Migraine Aura, the kind that acts differently with the symptoms all the time. I take Tylenol Arthritis, cuz it's super strong, but it doesn't always help, and I can't afford perscriptions.
Any natural remedies that you like or know of?

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 3:10 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• My co-worker gets migraines a good bit, and she says salt and caffeine help (she usually gets a Coke and some fries). I tried it once, and it worked, and pretty quickly. Something about widening blood vessels and increasing flow, or something.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• The only way I can get rid of my migraines is if I sit in the dark, quiet, and try to sleep it off. Which is going to be hard once I have my DD
    jaydensmommy427

Answer by jaydensmommy427 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• have you tried excedrin migraine?

i used to have migraines with aura when i was on yasmin birth control, and the excedrin helped take the edge off. granted it was still awful though. all i could really do was lay in bed in darkness, throw up and wait for it to go away.

do you know whats triggering yours?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Sleep works best that I know of, though I'm sure not always an option. Caffein helps many I know of and excedrein migrain. I find that ibeprophen (Advil) works better than tylenol for me. Also try pressure points. Thre is one between your thumb and index finger. Press it and release alternately. A cool wash cloth on you head can help and I used to use B-12 supliments too. Good luck
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Oh I forgot ginger helps for the nausea
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:21 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Ibuprofen always worked better for me than tylenol, too, but now that I'm pregnant I can't take it :( My doctor suggested taking an extra strenght tylenol and a single benadryl tablet to make you sleepy since its hard to fall asleep when you are in serious pain. Both are okay for pregnant ladies (in moderation) and they worked pretty good for me as a combo.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i put a largetight hair ponytail thing around my head
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2011