Working Out

I need advice please! I'm 9 weeks pregnant, and we just joined a gym. I had 2 miscarriages before my son, so I'm paranoid! I haven't really been working out at all other than chasing 20 month old around the house ... what would you feel safe doing? Obviously I'm not going to push myself too far, but I want to do the elliptical, swim laps, walk on treadmill, etc. I'm a bit overweight (20ish lbs), and I'd like to stay a bit healthier this time around (NOTE: I do not want to lose weight, just want to be healthier!! I care way more about the well being of this little bugger in me to be selfish about my figure right now!). Any advice or reassurance? Thanks in advance:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did lots of walking on the tread mill and swimming. The swimming is nice because it keeps the weight...weightless. It's a fun way of keeping things healthy and makes labor and delivery soooo much better and easier. Good luck and have a beautiful pregnancy. : )
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i would say no and wait till your dr thinks that it is ok to do so
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I was always told it's OK if I was already well into a work out schedule before getting pg. Now is not the time to start.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:58 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My doctor had me weight until 14 weeks because I had an increased risk for miscarriage.

Then I did walking, LOTS of swimming, etc. It's okay if you start slowly and don't over exert yourself.
    Anonymous

• I worked out on the elliptical almost every day while I was pregnant. That's generally safe, but I didn't have a history of miscarriage. Maybe talk to your healthcare provider and see what they say.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:45 PM on Mar. 2, 2011