Could it be implantation bleeding?

Hi :)
Me & my boyfriend are trying for a baby, i've been getting period-like pains today & i was wondering if it could be 'implantation' bleeding i read a little about it on the internet can you actually get these pains or could it just be all in my head?!
Don't want to get my hopes up for nothing!
I cant test until 10th march i hate waiting! im new to this by the way!
the date of conception would of been 26th feb! my most fertile day :)
could it be too early to get theses pains?

samf1992

Asked by samf1992 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Implantation bleeding is *bleeding.* Pain can be a number of things... cnception is not one of the things I would consider, however. The fertilized egg is exceedingly tiny and doesn't do that much "damage" to the uterine wall.

Are you tracking your cycles via fertility friend or some other method? Best way to know.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• oops i meant pain not bleeding! im so tired haha! ... im not actually sure when my period is due! i checked online to see my most fertile days :)
    samf1992

Comment by samf1992 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• An on-line calendar that goes just by dates and nothing else is not going to be accurate unless you're regular like clockwork, and even then it's possible to have an off cycle every now and then. So unless you're charting and know when you ovulated, you can't necessarily rely on that.

If you did, in fact, conceive on Feb 26, it is too early for that to be the cause of your pain, as implantation doesn't occur until 6-10 days past ovulation. It could be ovulation pain, which can happen anywhere from a few days before ovulation to a few days afterwards.

I have heard it's quite common to have period-type cramping and the like when pregnant, usually around the time your period is actually due. So again, if you did conceive Feb 26, that's not likely to be the cause.

My suggestion would be, if you didn't conceive this cycle, start charting. That will give you the most accurate information. Good luck!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:46 PM on Mar. 2, 2011