Blogging - what's the point?

How is it time well spent for you?

OR, why wouldn't you personally want to blog?

mauve

Asked by mauve at 3:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Technology

• It is the appropriate place to vent.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:38 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yea, I don't get it either. If you feel you need to say something,keep a private journal. I'm not interested ...
    Anonymous

• Anon: If you're not interested, then don't read it.

It's like posting here on CM, a way for people to connect but on a much larger scale.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Hmmm, venting. I hadn't thought of that. Could be useful if kept anonymous. Good point.
    mauve

Comment by mauve (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I blog about my religion and practices. I find it rewarding because I have followers on my blog and my YouTube channel who have learned from me or found my experiences useful in finding their path.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:41 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Anon here ... I don't read blogs. I just don't get why people would want anyone to read what they have to say, especially it it's venting.
    Anonymous

• Many people make money off of their blogs.
    I don't blog, if I need to write something I do it in a diary.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• A lot of the blogs I read are for people who do crafts or quilt, so it could be used as reference for later, when they want to repeat it. Also, I think it's awesome to share a really pretty quilt, and the details on how it was made. I suppose it could also be used as a tool to get your stuff out there into the public eye- if enough people like it, you know you're doing it right. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i have never read somebodys blog nor have i written one, but maybe i will one day give it a try.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It's a good place to vent, share your life with the world, and keep family up to speed on the latest happenings. I keep forgetting to use my blogsite, but I'm so busy these days, it's almost impossible to put my thoughts together!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:03 AM on Mar. 3, 2011