How do you heal a cold sore quickly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• lysine and abreva
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I have a cold sore right now as a matter of fact. I use Abreva. Its the only think I ever have bought over the counter that does anything to help.
    Anonymous

• For me, none of the OTC products have ever worked. The minute I feel that tingle coming on, I load up on plenty of vitamin C (about 1,000 mg. every 2 hours) and it never develops. Vitamin C is a natural anti-viral and is water-soluble so it is safe; whatever your body does not require simply gets flushed out. You can also try garlic (also a natural antiviral). I heard of folks who cut it up, let it sit for 5 minutes and then rub it on the sore. I've never done that but I have cut it up, let it sit for 5 minutes and then swallow it with a glass of water. I used to get breakouts all the time; I never do now. Also, lysine is supposed to work but I have never tried it.
    Anonymous

• I've seen all he commercials for abreva that claim to heal cold sores, but have never used it. Carmex has always worked well for me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Hydrogen peroxide dabbed on with a Qtip. Works wonders.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2011