So Dizzy. .

Im 26 and a half weeks pregnant and since my 20th week everyonce in awhile i get a little dizzy. . Well i ignored that and in the last 4 days. . . ive started getting so dizzy that i loose my vision, i get really cold sweats, and i start to fall backwards. . so i take a break and sit down for like ten minutes. but even that doesn't help. I stand up and pass back out again. Luckily ive always caught myself to prevent getting hurt. . One doctor told me that its nothing to worry about and another doctor told me that its not normal and i need to keep an eye on it. . .And advice? Any body experience this? What do i do. . Its keeping me from working.

mandar

Asked by mandar at 10:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I honestly would call your doctor. It does not sound normal. Perhaps the baby is sitting on a vien or something??? Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Dizziness is a fairly common development in pregnancy, usually caused by blood pressure, a thyroid issue, or hemoglobin. It could also be something as simple as dehydration or blood sugar. I would try to make sure you see the doctor who paid you better attention. Maybe keep a log of things you eat and drink for a couple days, then show it to the doc. When they see you're really serious about it, they'll take you more serious. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i get that a lot too, my doctor said it was normal also. she said make sure i eat, drink lots of water and avoid hot hot showers. I never actually passed out though maybe have then check your iron. but keep at them if your really worried, you dont want to get hurt. good luck!
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I've been dizzy too. Talked to my OB about it and found out I'm anemic. He put me on Iron supplements, and the dizziness has gotten much better.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2008