What might be wrong with me?*Personal*

Just yesterday I was leaning down to get my oldest son's backpack off the floor to put his stuff in it for today when I got a weird really painful pain on the left side in the area of my left ovaries/tube. It was so bad I crunch forward and had to grab hold of the coffee table to catch myself so I wouldn't fall. I've never in my life ever had a pain in that area like this or pain in that area at all. I'm on Mirena and have been for 2 years now with not a single problem or symptom of any side effect. I haven't had a period or any symptoms of a period since the 3rd month after Mirena was put in. This pain will just come and go on its own and it is bad when it comes. I have no clue what is going on and I'm not wanting to go see a doctor unless absolutely necessary though. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on with my body/me? Should I really see a doctor? Please no bashing, I'm getting a little freaked out since this has been going on two days now (as of today).

shortmommy23

Asked by shortmommy23 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Health

• My dd has been having similar problems and is also on the same birth control. I will tell you what I told her. GO TO THE DR! It might be nothing, but it can be something. Why risk it? What if God forbid its an ectopic pregnancy? What if there is something wrong inside? Go get checked, you will feel better for it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• i think that u should see a doc. it cuold be causing problems and u might wanna catch it quick before any harm is done
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I don't know, that is tough because if it IS Serious, you need to get it checked out but in my experience, you go, they'll tell you - well, what other symptoms are you having? then send you home saying if it doesn't get better to come back.. really?? ugh..I would wait a week.. I guess that's what I do now and cal the nurse today and let them know about it and see what they think
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Any time you have intense pain that does not subside, you need to see a Dr. It could be any number of things. You could have something as simple as an infection to endometriosis. Plz call the Dr. so you can have some answers & some peace of mind. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It could be a kidney stone among many other things. You should see a doctor. I hope you feel better soon.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:25 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Go to the doctor today!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• One thing I forgot to mention is I have been feeling really exhausted lately as well. I literally will pass out from being so tired and will sleep hours upon hours and during the day I have a heck of a time keeping my eyes open (literally fighting my body to keep them open). I sleep all night and other than a few toss and turns sleep pretty decent but still feel like I haven't slept in a week, no joke. This sleeping part started about last week around Wednesday I'd say.
    shortmommy23

Comment by shortmommy23 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yeah, that is why I don't like to go to doctors right away unless absolutely necessary due to getting there waiting for hours even at an urgent care center and then just get told it's nothing.
    shortmommy23

Comment by shortmommy23 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• yeah see dr,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• I just got home from the emergency room and found out I apparently had a UTI for like a month now and never realized it. I usually see the symptoms right away when it first starts, but this time I didn't. I did have two accidents wetting myself a month or a little ago and never felt the urge to pee or anything so I just thought it was bladder droppin from two kids or something. Well I never knew that was a symptom of UTI until tonight. It is in my kidney's which is why in so much pain and so fatigued. Thank you to everyone for making sure I went asap to see someone. I have been put on antibiotics to clear it all up, which hopefully will work in no time.
    shortmommy23

Comment by shortmommy23 (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Mar. 3, 2011