How do you live a processed free eating life?

It seems it's so hard these days, I can only make so many chicken and veggie dishes from scratch but it seems I always have to buy processed foods! How do I stay away from it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Make your own chili, rice and beans, etc…We make all of our own salsas and sauces, soups. But you don't need to cut everything out of your diet right away. Beans are a pain, so I find an organic brand with no salt added to put in my soups. Cheeses, pastas, all sorts of things are available. Just read the labels and see which brands have the fewest ingredients and additives.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Eat the way your parents and grandparents did. Every meal I had growing up was made from scratch and it was NOT chicken and veggies every nite.
    Anonymous

• Here are some recipes of real food

Daniellecooks.wordpress.com

Just stop vying boxes and cans. Think about food not about dishes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• It is much easier than you think, once you get into good habits. Start by writing out a list of meals and snacks for a week; go through your pantry and refrigerator, and make a list of the ingredients you need to complete your meal plan.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, simple, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2011